SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julbean_gw

Excessive meowing

Julbean
12 years ago

Here is the low down.My cat is just over a year old.

He is Maine coon,neutered,indoor only.

He is an only cat.

Ever since we got him at 8 weeks old he has always meowed a lot.

It seemed to get worse once he got around 6 months old and maybe becoming sexually mature,so that was when we got him neutered.

The thing is,he still meows incessantly.In fact,I would call it more YOWLING or caterwauling.

Sometimes he will do it for a reason, (if his food bowl is empty) but most times we haven't a clue what it is that he wants.

He especially likes to get up in high places and do it.

He doesn't have any health issues.He uses his litter box fine.We always keep his food bowl full.He is a happy cat and very loving,and purrs often.

He wants CONSTANT attention and love (which I actually really like about him).He follows me from room to room and often supervises whatever I'm doing.

For his age he already seems very smart.He prefers to drink out of the faucet instead of a bowl.He knows his name very well,and many other words.

I feel like maybe he is not stimulated enough or something.

Perhaps he wants outside...I don't know.But he cannot go outside as it is dangerous around here.

It's like he just doesn't know what to do with himself half the time.We play with him and stuff,give him catnip,but it doesn't seem like enough.

I'd get another cat,but I'm really not sure I can afford another one.

I have gotten to the point where I can kind of block it out,but it drives my husband crazy.

Any suggestions?

Comments (10)