SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liti_gw

Does this price sound right (moving toilet and installing tub)

liti
15 years ago

Hi everyone. I am a bit of a renovation newbie, and I wanted to get some opinions on whether the pricing I have been proposed for a plumbing project seems reasonable. The estimate was $2500 plus taxes. What we want to do is move the toilet about a foot and a half and install a clawfoot tub. There is currently no tub, so we will have to run all of the piping for that. The toilet would move from its current location to a new location underneath the window and facing toward the person who took the photo (the window is where the red curtain is hanging down). The pipes for the tub would come up roughly where the closest edge of the toilet is currently. Sink would stay in the same place. The plumber also suggested to go ahead and remove the old cast pipe (the house is a little over 100 years old... so it's probably time) that is visible in the utility room and replace it with PVC. You can see that the lower 4 or 5 feet have already been replaced with PVC. Anyway, if someone could give me an opinion on whether this price seems reasonable, I would appreciate it! We are in Washington, D.C. If there are any pertinent details I've left out feel free to point that out as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of bathroom

Comments (2)