SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

how far is too far?

16 years ago

I was talking to a guy in Petsmart today (customer, not worker) while I was looking at a new scratching post. We started talking about our feline babies and we both whipped out our PDA phones (didn't people used to carry tangible photos in their wallets?) to show each other pictures of our babies. Lots of ooooing and aaaahing. I told him about how when I first took Jayden off the street before he was neutered he sprayed everything and I had to confine him until the operation. He told me that he had a cat that used to do that. He said that what he did to fix the situation was give the cat a taste of its own medicine. Every time the cat peed on something, he would take the cat into the shower and release himself on the cat. Then wait 15 minutes and bath the cat. He said it fixed the problem within a week. I asked why he just didn't get the cat neutered and he said that he didn't want to increase the risk of a UTI. I was pretty shocked to hear someone actually admit to doing this (and to a total stranger none the less). If we left alone the fact that it is unsanitary and possibly disease spreading, it still seems pretty sick. I made my way to the other end of the store pretty quick after hearing that. Is it just me or is that a little psycho?

Comments (15)