SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Female with crystals in urine

mboston_gw
14 years ago

My 3 year old Minilabradoodle has been having problems with blood and crystals in her urine. She went on one round of antibotics and that did nothing so we went on another type (Cephalxin or something like that) for 2 weeks. The doctor had me put her on Royal Canin S/O food but now I am reading that this is not a good food to have her on and that from an old post I read that Meaghan said it was not necessary to change the diet for crystals (or maybe I misread what she meant). Andi was not showing any signs of problems except that I was finding a pee stain on her bed that seemed to have a tiny bloody spot in it every few days or so. Other than that she was going potty on her routine schedule but not dribbling or showing signs of pain or discomfort. She didn't actually get to the point of stones.

Now I am wondering if I should ask about another type of food - she is eating dry RC.

Another issue we have had in the past and are now trying to fix is that she throws up her Heartgard. Sometimes it is later in the day or the next day she will spit up but the last two months we first found the chew tablet almost whole and this month when DH broke it into pieces, she threw it up within minutes. We checked into giving her the liquid Ivermectin but I am afraid of overdosing her. Does it need to be suspended in another liquid. When they were pups, my DIL worked at a vet and she got it for us, mixed in a liquid vitamin. Andi never threw it up. What would the dosage be for a 30 lb dog?

Comments (7)