SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ardcp

need countertop help! freaking out a little:)

ardcp
10 years ago

so my dh thinks i am nuts, and you know he's right! here's my dilemma, we just ordered medallion silverline cabs in brandywine-lancaster(thanks for the all advice GW) i was excited for six minutes before i started stressing the counter.
so i have dk green specked formica now, 15 years old with almost no chips, or visible stains. i don't consider myself super careful but i don't cut on counters or make sandwiches, not a wine drinker, etc. spaghetti sauce is really the only thing that gets splattered and forgotten. ok now to the question: the granites i love are really too expensive for my happiness(alska white, blanco antico, thunder white) and they have a feel of marble that i think is gorgeous.
could i do Carrera marble as it's pricing out at Hd for $66 a sq ft. none of the granites i have seen in that price range appeal to me. if my 15 year old formica isn't scratched or stained, does that mean i could be a candidate for marble?
or does anyone have feedback on the formica fx calacutta marble? does white formica stain?
at this point i would rather have formica i love than granite i think is blah, but i am trying to think of resale too since this isn't supposed to be our forever home. that said we built it 15 years ago and don't have plans to move for at least 3 years.

Comments (18)