SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
musiclvr_gw

don't make my mistake!

13 years ago

WOW!... If the last three days haven't aged me 20 years, I don't know what could! It all started with a bat getting inside my apartment. I actually woke up with it crawling next to me on my bed! That's bad enough! I don't think I or the cats were bitten, but I went to the hospital to get shots anyway. But the worst part came yesterday. By law, the hospital has to notify animal control. An officer showed up at my door yesterday morning and asked if my 2 cat's were up to date on their rabies shots. I said "no" because they are strictly indoor cats. That's all he needed to know. The hateful s.o.b. told me I had two choices... surrender them immediately to be put down, or have them placed in quarantine for 6 MONTHS!!! These cats are my babies, my children. I've had one for 12 years, and the other for almost 6. There is no way I was going to let them be put down. After about half a day on the phone, I finally found a place locally that would accept the cats. 20 dollars a day for both for 6 months.... over 3500 dollars that I DON'T HAVE! That was the next hurdle. I paid for them to stay a couple of days, and spent almost all day today trying to find some financing, a loan, anything to keep my babies alive. Finally, earlier this afternoon, I got financed through CareCredit.com which I found through a Humane Society website. This has truly been a stressful week so far... and I have to come home to an empty apartment for 6 months... and that KILLS ME! I balled like a baby last night. I miss them so much already. I still can't fathom the fact that they're not here.... Anyway... do you know what could've prevented all this?....... a $20.00 rabies shot. Don't make my mistake. Even if your cats are strictly indoor, keep them up to date on their shots... and you won't have to go through this "hell" that I'm going through... Sorry to ramble on. I just wanted to share my story...

Comments (44)