SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dorry2

Fabrics for summer home

dorry2
12 years ago

I am building a summer home in a mid-atlantic beach resort and I have been back and forth about how to decorate, colors, style. While I definitely want a different look than I have in my home (mahogany beds, traditional style) I do want something different. I saw some nice antique white beds and bedroom furniture, but concerned it might be too trendy or too light and might tire of it quickly.

I am leaning toward a blue and yellow color scheme with some green thrown in. Do you like these fabrics. I would do a stripe on the sofa and the fabrics on a chair or two chairs. Not sure if I would do the chairs in the same fabrics unless I use the same style chair. If i go with two different style chairs, I would opt for two different fabrics and have pillows made for the sofa to match the chairs.

The paint sample is McCormick's Cool Platinum, and this is what we are stuck with since the builder will not allow us to customize. Not a bad color, but down the road we will paint the entire place to our liking.

What do you like??? Will definitely use a stripe on the sofa, so the other samples will be for the chairs.

Also, any suggestions on places to buy resort-type furniture. Unlike our year-round home, I do not want to go with high-end furniture since the place will not get much use. A few months during the summer and an occasional weekend during the fall and winter. Has anyone used any dealers in NC? Thanks for your input! Appreciate it! :)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)