SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zebras_gw

small G-shaped kitchen - layout advice please!

zebras
13 years ago

Hello! I remodeled my kitchen five years ago with lots of help from GardenWeb. Now I am moving and have another kitchen to redo! My current kitchen is a spacious galley with tons of drawers which I love; the new one is a sort of awkward shape, and we are putting the working kitchen into a 10' x 11'6" section, with a table outside that section. This means lots of corners and therefore few drawers! Boo! However, DH and I have come up with a design we like. I've been playing with Sweet Home 3D for the past couple of days; hopefully the images are understandable. Our measurements are a bit off, because some demolition needs to be done before we can get really accurate measurements.

Current room dimensions. The lighter lines are existing walls which we plan to move.

Our proposed floorplan. Components, especially uppers, are not necessarily the exact thing in the exact spot. I could not figure out how to align pieces so they looked nice and neat, but I think it given a general idea.

3D views.

{{!gwi}}

Potential problem: the dishwasher and the sink are not on the same run. The sink run is 5' long, and we want the same large Corian sink we have now, which requires a 30" sink base. The sink could not be centered over the window if the dishwasher was on the same run, and a centered sink is pretty important to us.

The peninsula cabinets are only 9" deep to allow for leg room for people on the stools. A GardenWeb member has a very similar setup and said it worked well for her.

Lifestyle: we have two teenagers and cook from scratch nearly every day. The house is an 1890's Victorian.

Have at it! I appreciate any advice.

Comments (18)