SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Do you match or coordinate your art?

User
10 years ago

I don't believe art has to be matchy matchy, but I do feel it's best if it somehow coordinates with the space.

I'm planning a kitchen makeover and will be repainting. Currently the walls are BM Olive Branch. My brown counters and flooring have a pink undertone and I plan to better coordinate this room. I'm 99% sure I'm going to go with BM Shaker Beige as it has a slight pink undertone and looks great with browns. My LR is also this color.

However, the art on the main wall of the dining room (our main eat in area) is mostly yellow and orange in color and is going to clash. If it were a small picture on another wall I don't know if it would bug me as much, but it's the main wall. I'll reevaluate when it's all done, but I'm pretty sure the picture will end up in the attic. After we repainted the LR Shaker Beige, one of the floral prints (part of a set) with the golds looked yucky so that one left and I paired the existing print with something else. I've discovered I don't hate the pinky beige/browns anymore as long as I don't ignore it (that's what I've done in the past), but they are limiting.

So what do you do for your home? Does it matter much to you?

Comments (22)