SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tyjy_gw

New House Plans: Kitchen/Island?

tyjy
14 years ago

Trying to design the best kitchen layout in new home we're building. The footprint of the home is custom to the land so it's really a "Y" shaped home (thus the angle going towards the dining table).

The first sketch is how a home designer sort of just drew a kitchen without giving it much thought(counter height island/snack bar).

The second sketch is from Home Depot kitchen designer. We were thinking a unattached island/snack bar may be better to aid in the traffic flow to the dining table.

In either case, most of the area above the planned sink is all window (we have a beautiful view that direction). Depending on the layout of the kitchen we can move windows if necessary since we are in the designing stage right now.

The only wall cabinets will probably be on the fridge side (because of the windows) so for the first time in my life I'm thinking drawers are my best option. I'm wondering how dishes and glasses are stored in a drawer??

The pantry drawn is a fairly large area I think. It can also be altered.

The open stairway railing/fireplace corners will need to stay put for the most part.

Is there anyone who has time to help me design this?? I'm fumbling around worrying myself sick. I really appreciate all input!

Comments (5)