SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Switched cat food

schoolhouse_gw
12 years ago

No more Fancy Feast and Meow Mix. I decided I wanted something better for Kitty, he's only been on wet food for three years, always had MM available; but now that he's 10yrs.old I've decided I want and can afford a good food. Plus, the feral cat is here to stay so there will be two.

Decided on Evo canned (chicken/turkey - just one can for right now to see if they like and tolerate it) and also bought a small bag of "Taste Of The Wild" for dry. Probably don't even need the dry, but I felt they were used to having that available. I may eliminate the dry later. Starting out with 2tbl. each of the canned. Kitty (older cat) usually eats 3oz. a day, half in the afternoon, finishes the other half when he comes in at night. I'll split it up for Pretty(outside, feral cat), too.

Kitty really liked the Evo! But like I say, he doesn't eat alot all at once. He saves some for later. :) Will try it out on Pretty the half grown kitten here in a bit. She eats in the morning and afternoon and then a little in the evening. Will be on the look-out for upset stomachs! esp. Kitty. I think Pretty, being feral, will eat and digest about anything.

Hopefully I can continue to afford it. I feel like it's the right thing to do. I know there has been plenty of discussion here on pet food brands, but I wondered if anyone else finds Evo a good one. I did some research on cat food brands this morning before I went to buy. Wellness was another one that was very favorable.

Comments (12)