SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryranch

No room for P-trap!

maryranch
15 years ago

I have installed a Duravit handwashing basin (19 1/2 inch length and 10 1/4 inch wide). I also put in a Danze Corsair faucet and pop up assembly. The trick is when the plumber came today to install the p trap, there was not enough room. I have 4 inches from the wall to the center of the drain assembly pipe. Now what? Bottle-trap? If I use the bottle trap...how do I connect it from the hub in the wall, which is standard pvc, to a bottle-trap? All the pictures on the web look like the pipe from the wall is tiny. Are there standard bottle-traps that fit onto US pvc pipe and Danze faucets? I called the Danze people and they had no idea what I was talking about. Why would Duravit sell a sink that doesn't hook up to standard American piping and then not sell some kind of adapter? Sigh. Sorry, but I am now baking goodies for my plumber because this is taking multiple trips for him to deal with the weirdness that keeps happening with this tiny powderroom. I am not going into the whole toilet seat thing. Help will be deeply appreciated!

Comments (7)