SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

HOW to freeze cookies?

IÂm trying to make it easier on myself and get them done gradually. Kids are off at college and once they are home a few days before Christmas, I donÂt want to be tearing around baking and stressing. I have done a search here, and most of what I read involved wrapping cookies individually. But if IÂm not shipping, surely I donÂt need to do that?

NONE will be shipped. About half will be gifts for extended family on Christmas Day, and packed into tins for that. I would like to freeze one kind at a time, then defrost and assemble assortments right before Christmas. The rest will be on a serving platter for our family to graze on.

I usually make about 6 different kinds. I know some freeze better than others, but which kinds? What about ones with chocolate? Fruit fillings? Ground nuts like pecan dreams?

Or at this time (Dec 5), is refrigerating them good enough? ThatÂs less than 20 days. I have a second frig, not much freezer space there but lots of refrigerator space.

I had an aunt who always baked ahead, and froze and gave tins of cookies. IÂm not sure what she did, but her cookies did not taste fresh. Plus everything tasted like everything else. I know her cookies were really good fresh, so I want to avoid whatever went wrong there.

Thanks!

Comments (19)