SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Here we go again....

doucanoe
14 years ago

Mojo started falling down again last night. He had been diagnosed with Canine Vestibular Disease a couple of weeks ago. Took about a week for him to get over it, then he was good for a week, and suddenly last night it returned. Only this time it is worse.

He was fine all day yesterday and then about 10pm last night I was rubbing coconut oil onto his back to soothe a rash he has due to allergies. With no warning whatsoever, he got up and began turning in circles and his legs went out on him.

He slept thru the night, but this morning when he tried to get up and walk he practically did a somersault and fell on his face.

Tim had to carry him downstairs (Mojo weighs 85lb, so no easy feat.) I got him outside and he is laying on the grass right now.

From all the info I can find on this malady, I have not seen anything stating whether it gets progressively worse each time it returns. Anyone know what I can expect? Will it ever just go awway for good? I plan to call my vet when they open this morning.

Linda

Comments (7)