SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grama2_gw

heartbreak

grama2
16 years ago

My 17 year old "Purrie" has been sick since June. I have been to the vets several times. She started limping in June and was also noticed at this time to be losing weight. The vet gave me some medicine for her arthritis which helped with that but she continued to lose weight. We tried 2 different meds which the second one seemed to have appeared to have helped her with her appetite. She actually had seemed to be eating better for about 5 days then stopped totally. She is now very sick and weak. On Wednesday I called the vet and was asking about letting her die at home because she looked peaceful lying on my bed and seemed comforted by my gentle petting of her. The vet said since she wasn't eating that it could be a slow uncomfortable death. I believe in my heart that I should probably bring her today to have her euthanized but I am really having a hard time with this. She can still walk (barely) but really just wants to lie down and is hardly drinking. I had my children say goodbye to her before they went to work and the rest of us will say goodbye today. I love her so much but don't want her to suffer. Please help me see that I made the right decision. Thank you for listening and being here on this forum!

Comments (13)