SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilly316

getting new rescue dog tomorrow

Lily316
15 years ago

I am quite nervous about the whole thing. I have 5 cats, I know cats and always had them my whole adult life. But I only have had two dogs..an Afghan hound many years ago who lived till 15 and a racing greyhound who died in 2001.(15 cats) I went to Petfinder and found a mutt. He is a Boston Terrier/Sheltie mix(?) and weighs 12 pounds . He is 8 months old. He was relinquished due to owners health supposedly and is probably a puppy mill dog since I think he was bought at a pet store. He comes with everything..leash, collar , toys, crate and food so all I have to do is acclimate him to our routine and hope for the best. I have never returned a pet in my life and want the best for this little guy. We saw him about two weeks ago at the rescue house and he was nice..doesn't bark, isn't aggressive and the foster mom's cats were in the room .So I hope for the best. His name is Bailey. I like the name altho it IS common and I probably would have gone for something else. DH wants to keep it, he knows it but I'll decide when he's here awhile..I like Higgins..

Comments (22)