SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
munkos

Kong question, and rescue dog pulling at the heart strings

munkos
17 years ago

Two part post.

Quick question about stuffing kongs. For those of you who do stuff, how do you alter their feedings?? Do you only feed them once, plus the kong?? Or feed them twice, just smaller amounts?? Does it depend on what you're putting in it??

---

There is the most adorable stafforshire terrier at the pet store for rescue right now. I can't stop thinking about him. He's tan, with some white. He's got one blue eye and one brown. He really resembles a smaller version of our big guy with his markings. He's still young, Probably around 9-10 months I think.

I know pitbull terriers and the like tend to be dog agressive sometimes, so I don't know if I'm crazy for even considering trying to make a pit bull and am staff get along.

Big guy IS dog agressive, but not really. He tolerates larger dogs VERY well. Smaller dogs, he's not a fan of, but he would never hurt. Or atleast he never has. He'll growl, and push them to the ground with his paw, and then run away from them. Or he'll growl and just get up and move if they annoy him. I've never seen him do this to a bigger dog though.

The only time he did, is when a friend brought his dog over, and the dog went straight to play with the cat. Big guy got inbetween him and the cat, and growled at him. He's protective of his kitten, I guess, lol.

Anyways, The profile for the rescue says he's good with kids, cats and dogs. He shouldn't be around kids younger than twelve because he's too hyper and likes to jump on kids and bugs them to play too much. He's too puppyish, and too large to be that puppyish. He's got to grow up.

Has anyone had success with an older pit bull terrier, or any of the dog agressive breeds, when introduced to a young dog of simmilar breed?

Usually I can walk away from dogs like this, but unfortunately, this boys got my boyfriends heart strings, too. Which is rare, but he keeps talking about him too. I'm almost hoping he's been adopted next time we go back, so it's not even a question. But I don't know. We've been talking about maybe getting a third eventually, but I just didn't think it'd be this soon, and didn't think I'd be so torn over a dog like I am.

Comments (11)