SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rgusrafs

Crazy thoughts: Wall behind sectional

rgusrafs
10 years ago

I finally started putting up the items I have acquired for the big 'ole blank wall behind by 111" side (arm?) of my white slip-covered sectional. 8 foot ceilings, no fancy moldings. I know you are going to say to post a photo, but I don't have one yet since I was so tired last night after trying to get this arrangement to work.

It's two of these mirrors (link below) painted an antique gold (though I might gold leaf them one day if I get the time) and two 20" high by 16" wide abstract paintings by a great artist on Etsy.

I have the two pieces of art stacked in the center, as that's how they were designed. The first piece of art is about 6" above the (eventual) sofa table I am having made. Then I have the mirrors on the outside, about 10" above the table. Lamps are on my current makeshift sofa table so I can check out the composition.

Trouble is that I feel like the wall space above this arrangement is too darn naked. So thoughts start racing through my mind...

1. Do I suspend the mirrors and art from some linen ribbon to take up some of that visual space?

2. Do I get some other art to go above?

3. Do I hang the mirrors like diamonds and see if that will help? (My old plaster walls just love to have more holes in them!)

Argh. Or maybe this is all in my mind and the arrangement is supposed to relate to the sofa and not worry about the naked space?

Thoughts appreciated.

rgustafs

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodland Imports Metal Wall Accent Mirror

Comments (14)