SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

New (and cheap!) dining chairs

alisande
16 years ago

I've been wanting a new set of dining chairs for several years. I had my eye on some nice antique reproductions, Windsor chairs in black, and have been saving for them (the set cost around $700 for six, which is really not a bad price considering the quality). But I was concerned that they might be too big for my table and my space. So I've been looking here and there for others.

Then I realized recently that I have to have a new roof put on the house this spring. That takes care of any money I might have put aside. Still, I've been increasingly dissatisfied with my old chairs.

So........this week I saw "farmhouse" Windsor chairs on sale at K-MartÂfor $25 apiece. A set of six chairs for $150! They're painted black, with a stained wood seat. I went to look at them and liked them, although I hoped they wouldn't scream CHEAP when set around an antique wood table. I've gotten pretty good at envisioning things in my house, so I came home and stared at the dining table and decided they'd look great.

They come two to a box, and unfortunately I'll have to make three trips to town to get all six chairs. I brought two home tonight, and they really do look great! Solid wood, assembled in the USA. Definitely can't beat the price.

The sale lasts until tomorrow at 10:00 p.m., folks . . .

Susan

Comments (7)