SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlynn918_gw

Pregnant Stray Won't Eat or Drink!

dlynn918
13 years ago

Almost 2 weeks ago my husband found a tiny kitten outside his work with its eyes glued shut with infection. We took her to our vet who said she was under a year and pregnant! On top of having an 11 month rhodesian ridgeback and a 4 month old american bull dog mix we rescued, we now have a 5 lb pregnant stray kitty to take care of! She was so sick and could barely keep her head up but she purred and purred and didn't fight us at all. Her eyes were cleaned, she was put on medication but it shortly became clear that she wasnt eating or drinking so that night I fed her some whole milk with an eye dropper. She was perked up the next day but still refused to eat from her dish, although she licks the outside of bowl. Its been two weeks of syringe feeding kitten formula to her sometimes with pureed kitten food. She has gained 6 oz and just had eye surgery for an ulceration. She is overall a happy kitty and purrs a lot, loves the kids and the dogs too but she just refuses food and water but readily "nurses" from the syringe. Im wondering if she maybe has brain damage from an injury? She uses the litter box just fine daily although has only had 2 solid bm's since we got her. Any thoughts? Oh and I have never had a cat who had kittens...advise appreciated! THANKS!

Comments (9)