SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

another question from potential new dog owner

3katz4me
10 years ago

I posted a while back about getting educated about possibly getting a dog. I wanted to get an adult dog that needs a home and preferably one that was already "trained in". A non-barking, non-jumping, non-crotch sniffing dog. I decided no need to rush into getting a dog based on everything I learned here.

Today I was talking to a coworker about the challenges they are having caring for a new baby who was 12 weeks premature. Somehow he also mentioned that they are trying to find a new home for their dog as they feel it deserves better than they are able to give now and in the foreseeable future.

It's an eight year old English Cocker Spaniel. They've had it most of it's life, adopted from someone they know when it was about a year old. I don't know that it's a purebred dog. I asked that but only got the answer that they got it from someone they know vs. a breeder.

It sounds like a very sweet, well trained, quiet, loving indoor dog - about 25 pounds. It gets along well with other animals (I have cats) and is an overall laid back dog. Just the kind I would want if I got a dog. Only thing it seems to be missing is that it's not a dog that would go for a run with DH - a walk maybe but it's not a running dog.

What do you think about this kind of dog?

Comments (7)