SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darenka

Ticks--even with Frontline

darenka
14 years ago

I recently moved to tick paradise. The only appropriate place to walk the dogs happens to be in a semi-wooded, vineyard, grassy area. A lot of this area isn't actively being used so the grasses get tall. The dogs love it, we can get off-leash time, and it would be ideal, except for the ticks. I apply Frontline and 18-19 days later the dogs come home covered in ticks. The first time I didn't realize it wasn't going to work for the advertised 1 month, I pulled off 10+ engorged ticks, and I stopped counting at 40 non attached ticks. Now I brush carefully, but I do not get them all. I'm afraid of applying Frontline more frequently. I tried Bio-Spot and had the same result. They both work well for the first two weeks, but then have greatly diminishing results. Does anyone have any suggestions? Honestly, there really isn't another exercise option. I'm in Germany, don't speak the language yet, and the town is heavily populated with narrow sidewalks. I don't need to understand German, to understand that many people are bothered by 2 big dogs in a congested area. There are no dog parks, and it's too dangerous to walk them alongside a busy road where there are not pedestrians. So, has anyone found an effective way to battle the ticks?

Comments (11)