SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkleparek

Art above new flat screen TV

mkleparek
16 years ago

This is just one of my problems with the decor of this room but I don't know what will work best. While looking for something else I found these prints at Home Goods the other day and they might work. I thought the colors worked well with my rug and furniture and they were bright enough to bring some color to a bland spot without being too bright. I had planned to use three simple black frames with a very wide mat and some black and white photos. Specifically some winter scenes of snow and trees that I shot a few years ago at another home. I thought that might be best to not be too "busy" with the tv just below but now I wonder if some color is better. Any thoughts from you decorating divas out there? I have included several pictures of the room. The blue chair near the fireplace is going to be slipcovered with something. The mantle is another place I need help with. I thought might keep those two prints there but have them matted and framed the same (like the darker wood frame probably). These prints represent places near and dear to our hearts. I also need something on the windows-valances? Color? And I need a lamp for the table between leather chair and the sofa. Thank you in advance for any thoughts, I appreciate all the help I can get. Some of you might recognize the rugs. I had some input from this site a couple of months ago, thanks!

Comments (11)