SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tabbymom

re: home made dog food

tabbymom
13 years ago

Hi everybody,

I thought I would share my story - it might help someone else. My two year old rescue male lab starting shaking his head about 6 months ago. Vet couldn't find an ear infection, gave me a solution to use every so often to keep ears clean. Kept shaking. Then started scratching. All the time. During a walk he would sit down and scratch. Went to the vet again and talked about possible allergies. Among other things, she gave me a pamphlet about allergies. One of the symptoms is shaking their head. That really jumped out at me! I changed his food that night, and cook his meals now. Plain boiled beef or chicken, some veggies, maybe some cottage cheese, etc. I Googled and read up on it, and my vet is sending me an info sheet to make sure I meet all the dietary requirements. I can see a huge change in him after only 48 hours. Shaking and scratching almost completely gone. His energy level is way up, acts like a puppy again. And he seems satisfied after a meal. Doesn't scarf it down and look around for more. FYI - I was feeding him Iams. So - FWIW - we have switched and my dog is better for it. Maybe this can help someone else.

Thanks!

Comments (11)