SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
live4u

2 tankless or 1 tank. which way to go

live4u
10 years ago

My contractor says either I get two tankless water heaters (mid sized or small size) nor have a high capacity one with recirculation pump. The reason is, I have 3.5 baths, I need tankless heater to be installed in my garage(in a corner so the water heater will be at the left most of the house) which is next to kitchen and laundry(laundry is in the garage right next to the water heater), and a bath is right above the garage which is fine. 1.5 baths in first floor are in the middle of the home, the master bath is at the farther end of the home in second floor (shower, tub) ie it is diagonally opposite side of the garage. Which is the better way to go? Also, one of my friends uses noritz-084m and his house has 4.5 bath, kitchen and separate laundry room. I dont see any recirculation pump on the noritz nor does he has another water heater. I am perplexed now.

I am using natural gas. Typically we are 4 people most of the time. Sometimes 5 or 6 people for very few days. Appreciate the help from you folks. I have a water softener installed already,

This post was edited by live4u on Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 18:36

Comments (18)