SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonplus2_gw

How Do I Choose Bet. 2 Kittens?

shannonplus2
15 years ago

I am choosing between two kittens from the same litter. Both are girls. I am more attracted to the appearance of one of them, but they are both lovely. One kitten is more outgoing and brave. She had no qualms about coming over to me, or exploring the room we were in which was not her usual room in the house. The other is more timid, quieter; she was very afraid the first couple of minutes, but then settled into my lap and didn't really move much, but enjoyed being quietly stroked in my lap. The owner also was petting her, and turned her over on her back and rolled her around affectionately and this cat didn't object at all. The more outgoing cat was more busy exploring stuff and walking around and so didn't stay put for long, but enjoyed being petted nevertheless. I have a 14-year-old cat at home who is very lively and active - you could never guess he's 14, but of course he's not young either.

Perhaps the quieter kitten would be easier for my cat at home? Or is it better to have a more outgoing less timid cat in general? Someone told me that a more lively outgoing cat is a sign of being more robust in health cause of their energy - is that true? Or will it be easier on both me and older cat to have a quieter kitten in the house? Or would the outgoing cat be more fun/less couch potato?

These kittens are about 9-10 weeks old, and the owner said they won't leave her house until 12 weeks at the earliest. She said if I come back and visit next week, I may find the timid cat more outgoing as she gets a little older, and so perhaps the braver one is just more advanced for her age. Or maybe not. Maybe that's just their personalities as they are now.

Which is a better choice - a quiet sweet but timid kitten, or a brave outgoing social kitten? P.S. I like the looks of the timid kitten better, but that's not really so important.

Comments (19)