SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzyb55

Just another reason why I love my job (pic)

liz
14 years ago

Thursday night we were delayed two hours leaving for Portland due to the rainstorms along the east coast...When we finally walked into the gate house we spotted Jake...he was in his widdle wheelchair popping wheelies...We all three immediately gravitated to him because he's sooo darned cute!!

Jake was born with OPD a rare genetic disorder that has only been found in about 30 people world wide...He had just come from another surgery in Palm Beach...something like his 30th one...Most people born with OPD only live 5-6 months due to respiratory distress...He turned 5 last October and is just smart as a tack! He is so precious and I am forever in love with this little guy...He inspires me to be a better person and to be thankful I have my health and am able to get out of bed with no pain everyday!

Lana, my co-hort in the middle gave him her wings to wear and he was just thrilled...His mama commented "You guys are so much nicer then the last crew"...Between the three of us we have over 97 years of seniority...

Jake made going to work on a dreary rainy night a joy...he's just one of the million reasons I LOVE MY JOB!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jake's Website

Comments (18)