SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
springroz

Friday Nightmare!

springroz
12 years ago

We drove the 900 miles to see our new cabinets.....

I said a couple of weeks ago.....i hope they are just building me one sample so I know if it is right before they build the whole thing.....

We were late(of course), because it is impossible to get away from the house with people constantly showing up to look at something!

Wlked in to see these GORGEOUS cabinet boxes, the WHOLE kitchen mocked up, and when I came to the front...they were WRONG!! Every one... You would think people 20 miles from a Shaker museum would know what Shaker doors looked like!

I was SICK! Not for me, but for them, too. Alll their work, all that wood......

The crestfallen look, ACK!!

So we worked for 3 hours trying to figure out how to compromise, make it work, something...But it is hard to make a flat inset face frame into a beaded! And, there was this magnificent refrigerator cabinet, with BOTH sides done in the wrong moulding.

We left, ate, drank, then decided there was no room for compromise. They made it right or we go elsewhere. Started again Saturday morning.

Overnight , the carpenter had figured out how to do the beading on the frame, and we explained to them how to build a Shaker door, and they are starting almost from scratch to redo it .

Comments (6)