SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aviolet6

Cat With Broken Foot

aviolet6
11 years ago

Hi, advice needed. I live in a cat neighborhood where the cats are friendly with each other, amazingly. So there are often other cats in my yard at night along with mine. One of them I strongly suspect has a broken paw because he holds it off the ground and hops on 3 legs, only putting it down when he sits. He is too tame and well fed to be a stray, but whoever he belongs to is clearly not getting him any vet care with this injury. Every time I see him I hope that his foot is getting better, but I'm sure it's been a month or more and no change. Problem is I don't know who he belongs to and he is not tame enough to let me come up to him and touch him. What should I do? Is there a number I should call to report animal neglect and maybe they can find where he lives? Problem is he doesn't hang around all the time, especially during the day. So don't know how anyone would know where he lives. I don't even think he lives on my street, but somewhere in the vicinity. I just don't want him to be in pain and to have to walk on 3 legs forever when he has a fourth one that used to work fine.

Comments (12)