SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rascalmj

Another Water Softener Thread...

RascalMJ
13 years ago

OK, so I have made my rounds on here and done all the research. Read all the threads and know about all the players....and I still don't really have ANY idea what is going on. haha

My question is I can get a refurbished Kinetico 2440 for $1795. 1 yr labor, and 3 yr parts.

OR

Something like this from an online store (I know some of the HORROR stories from online folks (I won't name names) and the basic risks with doing anything "online":

http://www.caitechnologies.com/shopping/ShowItem.asp?ItemID=255762-48K

I know it is better to have a "local guy", but I am not too sure about our local water softener folks. They all seem to know the basics, but in this day and age, I just don't really trust ANYONE to be an EXPERT anymore.

I guess what it boils down to is the price of the refurbed Kinetico. Do you guys think it is worth it. With a Kinetico refurb, is it pretty standard to still get PLENTY of mileage out of it?

...Am I really missing something with the autotrol control valve based system I linked too.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I did have a water test done and it was pretty much free and clear except for the hardness that was rated at 25.

Comments (57)