SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

Piggy Sue Update

marilyn_c
11 years ago

I want to thank everyone who sent emails on behalf of Piggy Sue. I think I shed tears each time I read one of them. Piggy Sue has been gone a month, and I didn't cry, even though I knew she had been stolen. I would wake up at night...or sometimes I couldn't go to sleep because I felt so much anger. I knew I had to make the person who did this pay for it. Not in money to me....there is no price that you would put on a pet. I wouldn't have taken $5,000 for her, as much as I need the money.

I wished I could cry...and I didn't until I read something on another forum about someone who had to give up a beloved donkey....but at least it went to the donkey sanctuary....a good home. But her sadness, made me feel my sadness more. I am not a crier about things in my own life....even though I will tear up and embarrass myself at the most inopportune times....like seeing a Budweiser Clydesdale commercial or something like that. I can't watch anything that has to do with animals...not even cartoons. I am that much of a wuss. But the anger I felt was eating me alive.
I am still angry, but more at peace because I know I can get justice for Piggy Sue, and I am getting together her pictures and videos and the emails sent by friends. I am going to write a letter to go with it. Someone suggested going to the newspaper. I haven't entirely ruled that out either. I want to see what the authorities are going to do first.

I had a doctor appointment today...and spent most of the afternoon there, but tomorrow I will get everything together.
I just want to thank you all again for your kind words and those who sent emails.

This may seem silly to some people, but losing a pet like this is heartbreaking. I think about Piggy Sue and how sweet she was and never mistreated. I know though if she was able to comprehend all that has happened, she would be just as pleased as I am that so many people cared for her.

Thank you all again.

Piggy Sue on top and her best friend, Piggy Lee

Comments (16)