SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebodymom

advise needed please- rescue cat hates my fur family

homebodymom
13 years ago

I will try to keep this short. A few weeks ago we rescued a cat found by a girl in my neighborhood. Took him to the vet- @3yr old neutured male, skinny but healthy, 4 paw declawed. In my home we have a VERY well adjusted fur family- 13yr old neutured male lab, 2 1/2 year old neutured male lab, and a 5 yr old neutured male cat. They all get along very well especially the younger lab and the cat. They play and groom eachother connstantly.

Here is the issue- the new kitty- "Stanley" hates all of them. For the first 2 weeks he stayed exclusivly in my daughters room. We started very slow introductions- blocked but open door, with him in my daughters room and the dogs unable to get in. MY cat only wants to be near him, but Stanley goes after him as soon as he gets close. Stanley also goes after my younger Lab all the time. It is a good thing he doesn't have claws. I am concerned that someone is going to get hurt. Stanley has wandered out into the other rooms in the house several times now- usually when my younger lab is sleeping. He is very sweet to us, but isn't adjusting well to hi new fur family.

Please offer ANY suggestions. I want the peace back in the house :(

Comments (10)