SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carmen_grower_2007

Kittens are 7 days old

carmen_grower_2007
13 years ago

This is so exciting for us and please don't give me problems with the pc about our cats having kittens --- not helpful. I would like to know when they will start eating food and when the mom will wean them. I realize she can get pg even while she is nursing, so we are keeping her and the kits inside.

We want to have her spayed as soon as she weans them and then will take the kittens in to have them neutered/spayed when they are 4/5 mos. old assuming we haven't found homes for them. Right now, we are very concerned about the 'fixed' cats that seem to have a problem with the kittens. I am hoping they will adjust but are letting them inside only with supervision since the male hisses at the babies when he comes in. For whatever reason, the female doesn't seem to have a problem now but sure did stalk the pregnant mom before she gave birth.

Amazing to watch nature in action. BTW -- never saw a cat around here and wonder who the daddy is-----the babies are all solid grey just like mommy----probably sperm just flying around in the air like that Life special where fish become impregnated through sperm in the water. Yeah, that's probably it.

Comments (15)