SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimhoj_gw

Copper kitchen sinks

kimhoj
12 years ago

I know this topic has been posted before but I had some unique questions I was hoping to get advice on.

Of all three materials, I am leaning most towards copper sinks- the reason is due to the frailness of fire-clay sinks (at least what I have read). My second choice would be cast-iron sink from Kohler (Dickinson series?).

Anyways regarding Copper sinks, I was ready to purchase a copper sink from 'Premier Copper Products' through Faucetdirect.com. Then I came across the website Rachiele.com through one of the prior discussions on this subject.

Rachiele makes a lot of claims that his sinks are way more superior to others, but is there really truth to this or just hyperbole?

Is the difference between virgin cold-forged copper really that much stronger than the annealed recycled copper used in many of the copper sinks, including the ones from premier copper products? There is a youtube video showing him bending a sample piece of copper from a competitor vs him not being able to bend a piece of his copper.

Is the Patina of Rachiele sinks better than the typical dark oil-rubbed bronze patina seen in all the other copper sinks?

If copper sinks are just way too high-maintenance, then are cast-iron sinks that bad of a choice compared to the more common fireclay sinks? There does not seem to be many Farmhouse cast-iron sinks made compared to farmhouse fireclay sinks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Comments (10)