SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeseeker

three week old kittens

newhomeseeker
14 years ago

I posted a few weeks ago about a cat having kittens in my fiance's garage. The mama cat and two kittens are still in a little "cat house" on the back deck. We've been feeding mama cat regularly but she is so skinny. She will leave the kittens alone if we are out in the yard and will follow us around. I'm concerned about her kittens though. I've been reading some things on kitten development and it says by the third or fourth week they are walking around and exploring etc. One of my cats was found alongside the road at 4 weeks old and he was already eating solid food and running around playing etc. These kittens are estimated to be three weeks old. They opened their eyes late last week. They will walk around their enclosure a little (their legs shake) but mostly they just sleep (curled up together). They will nurse whenever mama lays down with them.

I have handled them both and one is a little timid and cries for his mother and the other doesn't seem to mind, seems a little curious although he would hiss at me when I reached in the box to get him. They don't see active at all and I'm not sure if this is normal. They are either three weeks or going on three weeks old (they opened their eyes completely last week.) I don't know if it is a case of the mother not getting enough food (we feed her canned and dry) and we feed her until she doesn't want anymore to eat.

Should we buy kitten formula to supplement their diet? It is normal for them to sleep all the time?

Comments (9)