SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hippiechick59_gw

traveling with pets question

hippiechick59
17 years ago

hi all,

we are going on a car trip next month and i would like to take my mini daschund with us. the problem is she is so afraid of cars, trucks, ect...the first time she rode in the car is when we first got her and brought her home. she promptly pooped, peed, and threw up on me on the way home, and it was only a five minute ride! i knew she and i were inseparable from then on! lol...also, she has ridden in the car a couple of other times for her vet visits and one sort of lengthly trip which we put her in her crate, and she threw up each time. i really would like to take her with us instead of a kennel or relative to care for her. we would miss each other so much; but i don't want to harm her emotionally or physically. do you have any suggestions on what to do? i know i can get her something for the throwing up, but how to get her use to riding in the car/truck? we tried a short ride the other day and she didn't get sick but she was trembling the whole time. should i keep trying to get her use to riding by continuing the short rides, or just accept it and try to find the best pet kennel i can find? thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022