SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
williamsem

Color for great room, absolutely confused...options?

williamsem
10 years ago

I am still working on the fireplace, but I need to pick some paint! I need my house to be reassembled soon for my sanity.

If anyone has color suggestions, or which type of color I should be looking at please let me know! I've been staring at the online color chart for weeks, I have samples painted in two colors, and larger paper samples from the company for several colors, but I have no idea what to do when it comes to color.

Here's the room as I envision it when I am done, we have not purchased the new couch, rugs, or anything else yet so that is flexible. The highlighted walls are taller walls that go up the stairs and connect to the hall, which is open to the entryway. It is all getting painted, hence my problem as it is a lot of wall visible in the space.

The kitchen is to one side, we just finished it. It is painted PPG Montego Bay. The fireplace will have dark grey/black pebble tiles. We are putting in natural hickory hardwood soon, I'm ordering it this week.

I'm open to more than one color, light or dark colors, or pretty much anything as long as it isn't the same color as the floor. I live in a sand dune at the moment with everything the same shade of beige and I do not want to repeat that! I would prefer to stay with PPG for paint, but I also like SW if needed.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated! I've learned a lot here, but I just can't pick up color stuff.

Comments (14)