SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikes100acdreamfarm

36 hours and 29 people

Whew!!! The last 36 hours have been on my feet. DH's family Christmas get together has come and gone tonight. We only had 29 people here this year instead of the normal 40 + due to the snow storms. 6 under the age of 3, a couple of 5 YOÂs. that were sugared up before they got here and topped their tanks to max before they left. The food was all delicious, some new contributions from a couple of people. Had a wonderful Artichoke dip I'll be getting the recipe to. I tried out the "Coop Poop" caramel Cheetos and the Bacon Bark. Everybody really liked them. Didn't make enough crabbie appetizers though. They're really easy, you make and freeze ahead and just broil for a few minutes before serving. Several people said they were gone before they got near the table. The sliced corned Venison went over really well too. OCD mom was having an anxiety attack but I thought it all went wonderfully. Wood and tile floors clean that's why I have them in the house. I love to see how our family is growing so. The kids are all beautiful, healthy and full of joy and fun. It was a wonderful Christmas get together. But my age is showing and my back and feet are glad it's over. Christmas day is very laid back here with just the immediate family and grand kids. No major cooking, just snackies, meat and cheese tray, and the usual Christmas diet breakers. But this was a wonderful start to the festivities. How about everyone else out there. Have the family gatherings begun for you yet. Were they as much a blessing as mine have been? Hope they are an enjoyable blessing where many wonderful memories are made for each and every one of you.

Mike

Comments (8)