SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladybrowncoat

Very sad and frightened for my cat...

ladybrowncoat
10 years ago

My cat has been my companion for 9 years. She's a rescue kitty, and I had to bottle-feed her since her eyes weren't even open yet so we've always had a special bond. She is very y affectionate but only with my husband and myself. We've seen her through getting spayed, surgery to remove bladder stones and most recently diabetes (a shot of insulin, twice a day). She's gotten through it all and is perfectly healthy and happy...

And then she swallowed about 1.5-2 feet of embroidery floss this morning. I called the vet- we induced her right away but she was not able to bring up the string. So we are in a waiting game. Either she will be able to pass it without issue, or she will show signs of being in pain and we will have to take her in for emergency surgery.

She is acting perfectly normal (if a bit confused by all the extra attention and tears) but I know it can take several days for either scenario to occur. Basically I am just a nervous wreck, wallowing in my own guilt and checking on her every 5 minutes. And reading horror stories on the internet (mistake).

I don't even know why I'm posting this here, except I think I just want someone to tell me everything will be okay. Thanks for reading.

Comments (19)