SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mastiffmom_85

Intro and plea for help

mastiffmom_85
13 years ago

Hello all-

I lurk constantly on the Kitchens forum and also here several times a week. I'm coming out of hiding to ask for some brainstorming help.

Here's the situation. We're getting ready to start a new build, and I'm a type A planner, so I'm trying to nail down some of the decisions now so I don't have to stress (as much) later.

I impulse bought this buffet and hutch. It was a steal, and I loved it, but of course now I'm regretting the decision because I feel like I'm having to try too hard to make it work. Here's the hutch, and I have it in the morning sky color shown on the desk pic. Our dining table matches the wood tone on the buffet top almost exactly.

This piece is supposed to go in my kitchen eating area/breakfast area. This is the only eating area in the house. I'm planning for a white kitchen with soapstone and marble counters, similar to rookie_2010's kitchen, for those of you familiar with it on Kitchens. We have a very open floor plan, so the wall paint of the family room will likely continue into the eating area/kitchen. I want it to be a gray of some kind, and I love BM Weimaraner and colors similar to it. I really think I want a neutral gray rather than a neutral beige.

So, my questions are these. Do you hate this buffet? Does it scream "country" to you, because I am NOT trying to go that direction. And, what wall color goes with it?? I can't decide what works, and it's making me crazy. Please help!

Thanks so much!

~ Mastiff

Comments (13)