SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jejvtr_gw

decor mistakes and sewing fears **pic heavy**

jejvtr
15 years ago

I suffer from the apprehension of sewing a project - so I worked to remedy the situation

few lil projects

Blanket (folded) for 5yo dd

Skirt that caused fits, tears, rrrrr - bad, bad, pattern - note to self never again

Blankie for now 5mo grandson who came into the world 11wks early giving us all a scare - he's fine! -Grandma's can brag a little?

Living room drapes that were about 8" too long - lined, weighted - I finally got dh to hang the rods w/my help - always a project going into plaster! He was adamant they stay at top of window trim - Ok - I deconstructed, cut, reconstructed - A feat for lil ol me - so happy the length turned out ok - i feared "high waters"! they need a steam

On to girls room - Researched, studied how to make a good flat lined Roman coaching all along "you can do this" - face fabric, lined w/thermalsuede, battons,rings, pulley, cord lock, head rail - Happy w/the construction - not happy with the fabric :(

We'll call that the "sample" one

next fabric - Wow this shows super bright on here - Not that bright irl

I have to make one more for that room (total 3), and screw the headrail to window trim (just sitting in there now)then I have the supplies for the boys room & kitchen

Thanks all for your inspiration & motivation - I'm getting over the apprehension thing!

Comments (12)