SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wickedgrace

What is granite going for in your area?

wickedgrace
15 years ago

I know that granite prices vary greatly depending on the type that you choose, but I was wondering if I can get a ball park figure on what people are paying per sq ft in different areas? I am in South Georgia and started my hunt today. The least expensive varied from $37-$47 sq ft installed plus extra for sink cut, cooktop cut, edge and I am sure lots of other little fees we didn't get to yet. Plus they all charge to come out and measure and give you an estimate (which I can understand because it is very time consuming!) but it makes it hard to shop around. I've seen some ads in the Atlanta area (250 miles from me!) for $30 sq ft. I am a fan of the absolute black but willing to be very flexible on the choice if price difference is large enough. This is not my "dream kitchen", just the kitchen I am trying to get functional and current countertops are 1962 Formica. I had thought maybe this would be a good time to get them because the new construction has slowed so much. Any tips on getting good deals? It is harder for me because I live in a very small town so someone will most likely have to come from at least an hour away.

Comments (21)