SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikmatchris_gw

Would love to hear suggestions on my new kitchen layout....

mikmatchris
13 years ago

Hello

Let me tell you I am nervous posting on here. I hope I get it right. I've been a long time lurker for over two years now. Thought I had it all figured out until it was time to actually make decisions. Now I'm questioning myself.

Our story

Family of five, me, hubby & 3 kids ages 11, 9 & 5. We are doing a major reno to our home. I do most of the cooking and am hoping to have the kids start helping with some prep and clean up. We are your typical busy family, in and out of the house from the moment the kids come home from school. Quick snack then off to some sort of sport or lesson. Then home again for a quick dinner and off for another activity. I rarely bake, more so with the kids making cookies and cupcakes. We love to entertain and have our friends over often.

I am hoping we could use our island for eating most of our meals and when we are all home at once eat together in the dining room. I wasn't planning on putting in a table. My concern is the island size, is it big enough for all three kids? Or is it too big for my kitchen area?

Appliances I'm considering are:

single bowl sink

prep sink (but will give up for extra room at island)

36" gas cook top

30" Electrolux icon oven/micro oven

built in coffe maker

42" CD fridge

I hope I've given enough info. for you to give me some of your suggestions and I look forward to hearing from you.

Comments (7)