SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llhilly

Please vote on drapery fabric - pics

pudgybaby
13 years ago

Hi all! First post for me in Home Dec, but I post in kitchens and appliances.

I am making drapes for my family room. I can't decide between the 'right' side of the fabric which is a rusty brown with gold vines or the 'wrong' side of the fabric which is gold with rusty brown vines. The wrong side of the fabric looks just like the right side with inversed colors. Please tell which of the two fabrics you prefer.

The drapes will be ring top, no pleats, just sweeping the floor. They will be lined. They are mostly decorative and cover a window that is bumped out. We only pull the drapes if the morning sum is making watching TV impossible. But the morning sun is so nice, so we hardly ever do this.

I will be getting a new rug for the french door and a new lamp for the table, but the rest of the furniture, carpet, wood floors, windows, etc stays.

Here are pics of the two colors and the room. I used ring clips to hang them. The colors didn't come across all that well - the two panels look totally different in my room, but the first pic shows the fabric colors best and the 2nd pic shows the wall paint color best:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

And the last pic is old: the railing next to the table is gone, the walls have been painted gold, and this pic has the old curtains:

{{!gwi}}

Thanks!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm