SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann2010_gw

Drapery & rug recommendations please -- pics

ann2010
14 years ago

If anyone could please help with suggestions, or if there are any photoshoppers out there, I really would greatly appreciate some visuals.

Following are photos (hopefully:) of my living room, dining room, design layout and fabrics.

My main question is with the window treatments for the living room. I only added the DR photo since it is adjacent and window treatments at least need to coordinate. The LR is a formal living room and privacy is not really needed or any issue, but obviously I will need some treatments.

Ideally I think I just want drapes. Kind of like a hotel with the big split drapes that can be pulled closed with a wand.

-secondly, should I place the rod at the top of the 3 big windows, or go to the top of the transom windows (that's 11 feet)?

--The total width for all 3 windows is 144" with only 11" in between the windows. Should I treat it as one big window and have the drapes split to each side, or would anyone have panels in between the windows?

--Do I need to have shades, blinds, etc covering each single window?

--Finally, I'm not sure how well the fabrics will show, but I have a couple of velvets, a silk stripe and a rough raw silk. Would velvet drapes be too heavy and over the top? The room is "modern, casual formal"...not stuffy formal.

Rugs --

I have posted the room layout that sort of has two seating areas. The room is 18' x 18'. Would you recommend one huge rug? One rug for the sofa area and another where the two chairs and big ottoman are? My initial idea was a big rug near the sofa and a hairhide over by the two chairs, but I am afraid that may split the room in two. (visually)

I've only posted a couple of times before and always received very useful information. Thank you for all of your help!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County