SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squirrelspur

Another stray dog...sigh...

squirrelspur
16 years ago

Everytime we have a recession around here I can tell....animals get dumped (we live in the country near a small town of 2000). The last recession we acquired 3 cats and a dog - not sought out, they were dumped and some in bad condition. Last week the sweetest black lab with a collar but no id (as far as I can tell that is his breed, may be a mix) very hungry approx. 6 mos. puppy showed up and so of course we had to feed it and you know how that goes....

Cannot adopt it as we only have room in the house for 1 dog (small house), also the new guy is already trying to dominate our older collie and I don't want that to happen. We have an outside dog house and fenced in area we keep the new guy in, it is warm here this time of year.

So what do I do - I've put up signs at the vet, library and local groceries (we have 2), called the animal shelter to see if anyone reported him missing, put ads in the local newspapers. put ad and picture on a local website (LassieComeHome) and looked at all the missing ads in nearby papers. Also bugged people I know to no avail.

The lab rescue for this state only accepts purebreds.

Any other ideas? This guys is so sweet and our local animal shelter will probably kill him after a few days, so that is out - if you can get them to ever answer the phone, which took many attempts over 3 days to even speak to a person.

Comments (18)