SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamalapa

Hotel Industry - questions about lost & found

Maura63
13 years ago

I am wondering if anyone here might have experience working in the hotel industry or know someone who does, and might be able to give me some leads.

My "story" is actually a few years old. For personal reasons, I was not able to "act" until now.

Within a few months of returning from a vacation which included several hotel stays, I discovered that some valuable jewelry was missing. After turning the house upside-down, I concluded that perhaps it was left behind at a hotel.

I know my chances of recovering these items are slim-to-none, but I have to try.

I am thinking that the best way to contact the hotels is either via letter or email. I think a phone call could easily be dismissed, especially if I called at a busy time.

I think my contact has to be to hotel management who might then refer my information to housekeeping.

Does anyone know what happens to items left behind at hotels, and if a record of these items is kept?

Initially I did some internet research which suggested that valuables might be turned over to local police (after a period of time). I would request knowing if that could be the case when I wrote to the hotel.

If anyone reading this has any knowledge about the path of left-behind items at hotels I would really appreciate your insight. Of course I know it's entirely possible (and maybe likely) that my jewelry fell into the hands of a dishonest housekeeper, end of story. But I have to explore the possibility of getting my jewelry back.

As always, I thank you all!

Comments (23)