SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indicanoe

Thanksgiving cookies?

indicanoe
14 years ago

Hello Cooking Forum!

I'm looking for a bit of advice from all the cookie bakers out there. Today I got the assignment for my Thanksgiving dinner contribution. It was a pie....

"Pie?!?"I exclaimed to my mom, "That's a big deal, you want me to make Pie?!?. At Thanksgiving last year, we were asked to bring butter, Pie, really?!?"

In the background I could hear my father asking my mom, "Can she make Pie?!?" "Sue, does Lori make Pie?!?"

My mom asking someone else to make pie is like Mr. Hershey asking you to make some chocolate candy for dessert. My mom makes great pies, apple, pumpkin, chocolate cream, strawberry rhubarb, blueberry,custard you name it she can make it. Her crust is alway delicious, and of course she writes nothing down.

So...after my father and I both panicked, we decided that I should make cookies instead. Cookies I can do. But now I want to make something special. We figure the kids will shy away from the pies, and like the more mobile desserts, so I'd like to target the little ones with my cookies. DH says to use something like MnM's. I have to make a few dozen cookies, so I was thinking maybe some MnM, maybe some of those Ritz cracker ones for a giggle, and then....or maybe stick with just one type? What do the cookie bakers/eaters think? Thanks for the help, Lori

Comments (9)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio