SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

Mama's Meatballs....Tomatoes???

doucanoe
13 years ago

Here is the recipe as I copied and pasted it from the forum.

The directions are goofy. The first paragraph says "Make the Sauce:" ....."Add the garlic and tomatoes"... however there are no tomatoes in the ingredients list.

Do I start with paragraph 2.. "Make the meatballs"?

I think my copy is missing something vital. I did a search of the CF and found the exact same recipe on a couple of threads. Can someone correct it for me? Pretty please and thank you!!

Rocco's Mama's Meatballs

1/2 cup chicken stock

1/2 large sweet onion, rough chopped

4 cloves garlic, rough chopped

1/2 bunch parsley, chopped

1/2 pound ground beef

1/2 pound ground pork

1/2 pound ground veal

1/2 cup breadcrumbs

5 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

2 to 3 pinches chili flakes

2 to 3 pinches salt

Olive oil, to coat hands and for browning meatballs

Cooked spaghetti (optional)

Make the sauce: Heat oil in a large saucepan. When oil is hot, saute onions until translucent.Add the garlic and the tomatoes. Simmer. when the meatballs have been browned add them to the sauce and simmer for at least one hour.

Make the meatballs: Place the chicken stock, onion, garlic and parsley in a blender and puree. Set aside.

Place the meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, grated cheese, chili flakes and salt in a large bowl. Add the pureed chicken-stock mix. Using your hands, gently but thoroughly combine all ingredients, being careful not to overmix the meat.

Coat your hands with a little olive oil and form the meatballs.

Pour oil in a large skillet to a depth of about 1/2 inch and place over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, brown the meatballs, turning once. Add as much of the tomato sauce as you desire, and bring to a simmer. Cook until meatballs are done. Serve over spaghetti.

Linda

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!