I remember when Photography Forum
14 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
Related Discussions
Do you remember the first time you landed on this Forum?
Comments (37)Like Zeffy, I hated the puter. I was living with my ex who had one. We ended up getting internet, I had a Hydrangea that wouldn't bloom and some how ended up on one of the gardening forums. I wasn't allowed to garden with him, I used to sneak roses into the garden. He used to be so mean that he'd have to dig up the part of garden where I had a few roses. I had a Gene Boerner; went to my dad's with the kids one day, came home & it was destroyed. No clue what he did to it. Ended up having him removed, started coming to rose forum.. that was back before user names. Think the name I used was SBA@NJBell. At one time there were a lot of us named Sue on the regular rose forum, we used to sign our name OOTO (one of the other) Sues. At some point GW started growing, we had to make user names. I remember how ticked off some of us were lol I wanted something original, took me days to think of Rose Lover - and making it into Roselvr. Been through a lot here. Many people coming & going, some of free will some to "Disney". I've been "Spiked" many times. I used to hate waking up knowing either I'd be Spiked or Disney'd. There was a time when saying the name Veldfire would send your post to Disney, or you to Disney. A lot of people left to go to his forum. Although he was banned, he was able to hide his IP and get here to read. lol GW lost a lot of people to his forum. A lot stayed there, never returning. I've seen vendor's and hybridizers that have come here and given their time, banned because someone didn't like something that was said. We've lost a lot of great people. Before Veldfire there was another forum on Delphi, haven't been there in years, we lost a lot of good people there too. It was one hybridizer who started it I think.. We also had a guy named Sharif from Bangladesh who used to post other people's pictures. I think Anne got him banned one day, she finally proved he was stealing people's pictures & posting as his own. I'd already been "Spiked" a few times due to him, almost banned. We lost Rosesense back then. I met GW members. Cindy Tx, met her in New Orleans. Sue Belle; Helen FL, Karl; who saved our butts in New Orleans when my hubby left the travelers checks in a restaurant. Karl was able to tell them who it belonged to. Baldo, Anne, The gal who writes the column for New Orleans; her name escapes me right now. I've met a lot of nice NJ people Anyone remember Kang?...See MoreI asked this on the photography forum too
Comments (8)Thanks to everyone- We have an old Kodak Easyshare that still makes good pictures indoors but there is a problem with too much light on the right side of the pictures outdoors. Oklamoni, I looked back at some of your pictures and they are all so sharp- this camera is just not doing that. Karen, this picture is an example. Of course it had to be resized but the original looks pretty much the same. I had DH take a picture, too, to see if his was as fuzzy as mine and it was. I may have changed a setting before making this picture but those made with just the automatic settings are really bad. But shouldn't the picture be sharper than this? I think we will return this camera and try another brand. Make = Canon Model = Canon PowerShot A720 IS Orientation = top/left X Resolution = 180 Y Resolution = 180 Resolution Unit = inch Date Time = 2008-04-23 11:31:54 YCbCr Positioning = centered 1001 = 3264 1002 = 2448 Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 280 A401 = 0 A402 = 0 A403 = 0 A404 = 3264/3264 A406 = 0 [Camera] Exposure Time = 1/125" F Number = F4 ISO Speed Ratings = 80 Exif Version = Version 2.2 Date Time Original = 2008-04-23 11:31:54 Date Time Digitized = 2008-04-23 11:31:54 Components Configuration = YCbcr Compressed Bits Per Pixel = 3 Shutter Speed Value = 6.97 TV Aperture Value = 4 AV Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV Max Aperture Value = F3.51 Metering Mode = Pattern Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode Focal Length = 13.16mm User Comment = Flashpix Version = Version 1.0 Color Space = sRGB Exif Image Width = 640 Exif Image Height = 480 Focal Plane X Resolution = 14506.667 Focal Plane Y Resolution = 14485.207 Focal Plane Resolution Unit = inch Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor File Source = DSC [Thumbnail Info] Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail) X Resolution = 180 Y Resolution = 180 Resolution Unit = inch JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 1064 JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 7345 [Thumbnail] Thumbnail = 160 x 120...See MoreI can't remember the name of this flower - crosspost on Texas forum
Comments (11)I think you all are right that it is a brassica. The closest I have found to it is Brassica juncea but even it isn't an exact match. The veins in the leaves of mine are darker than the photos I found online, plus there is the white flower vs yellow. btw, the wrought iron thing above it is a candle holder....See MoreRemember when music wasn't all about politics, relationships and sex?
Comments (31)I am another who thinks the cross posting feature Houzz pushes so much is a huge detriment to the forums and I routinely flag as "miscategorized" posts that show up in forums that have nothing to do with them. It is confusing at best and I personally find it to be a huge irritant. btw, there is no compelling need to cross post - it is an option only. You only have to pick a single forum to post in - the other two choices are not requirements at all! If you do choose to do so, at least pick forums to which the topic is related!! It is also not winter yet and based on the activity on other gardening forums, there is still plenty of interest going on outside. But if you want to engage in a non-gardening discussion, please do so in one of the proper discussion forums!!...See More- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
Related Stories

GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGDesign Photography: When the Fog Rolls In
Foggy days allow the imagination to step into photos of homes and landscapes
Full Story
LIFE10 Ways to Honor and Remember a Departed Loved One at Home
Help the grieving process and keep beautiful memories alive with these thoughtful tributes
Full Story
HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR HOUSEAttract Home Buyers Easily With Great Photography
Show your home's best face in real estate listing photos to have potential buyers knocking down your door
Full Story
DINING ROOMSColor Feast: When to Use Gray in the Dining Room
The right shade of gray pairs nicely with whites and woods to serve up elegance and sophistication
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROSGo Beyond the Basics When Interviewing Architects
Before you invest all that money and time, make sure you and your architect are well matched beyond the obvious levels
Full Story
HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH YOUR HOUSEHow to Compose Your Shot for Stunning Home Photography
A photo pro shares secrets like camera height, lighting and lens type for creating images that do your home justice
Full Story
LIFEWhen Your Tastes Clash: How to Design and Decorate as a Couple
Want to keep the peace? Work with both of your styles when remodeling, decorating or building new, for a home that feels right to all
Full Story
LIFEWhen You're Suddenly Solo at Home
Whether you stay in a home alone or move on, these strategies from professional organizers can help you with the process
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROSWorking With Pros: When You Just Need a Little Design Guidance
Save money with a design consultation for the big picture or specific details
Full Story
SELLING YOUR HOUSE15 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Real Estate Agent
Here’s what you should find out before selecting an agent to sell your home
Full StorySponsored
JoanMN